WELCOME TO ASIA PHYSIOLOGY AND CORONARY IMAGING 2019!
Invasive coronary angiography is currently the gold standard for diagnosing coronary artery disease (CAD) but there are inherent limitations. In many instances, one need to examine the artery beyond what is seen on angiography.
The field of interventional cardiology have witnessed 2 key developments:
1. Advent of intracoronary imaging which has allowed clinicians to understand the pathophysiology of coronary atherosclerosis and evaluate the effectiveness of new intravascular devices
2. Advent of pressure wire which has shifted the focus of CAD from anatomical to physiological assessment
Asia Physiology And Coronary Imaging (APACi) is a meeting with the specific aim of propagating the use of intracoronary imaging and physiological assessment in Asia. Our program will be very focused, practical and interactive.
This meeting is designed to facilitate hands-on learning with guaranteed exposure to acquire new skills set on:
• Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS)
• Optical Coherence Imaging (OCT)
• Fractional Flow Reserve/Instantaneous Wave-free Ratio (FFR/iFR)
• Quantitative Flow Ratio (QFR)
Much emphasis will be placed on proper data acquisition, data interpretation and appropriate decision-making in each workshop. There will be succinct lectures from Key Opinion Leaders and case presentations by experts illustrating the use of different modalities in “real world clinical practice”.
Our Course Directors
We warmly invite you to join us in Singapore on 11th May, 2019 for the inaugural meeting. We are confident you will have a fruitful and enriching experience in APACi.
Hee Hwa, HO
LIM Ing Haan
TRAINING VILLAGE PARTNERS: